Sunday, October 31, 2010

Why that hot chick/dude doesn't dig you: 1605

Heaven, as you say, made me handsome, and to such a degree, that my beauty influences you to love me whether you will or no. And in return for the love you bear me, you pretend and insist that I am bound to love you. I know by the natural sense God has given me, that whatever is beautiful is amiable; but I do not comprehend that merely for being loved the person that is loved for being handsome is obliged to return love for love. Besides, it may chance that the lover of the beautiful person may be ugly; and what is ugly deserving to be loathed, it would sound oddly to say, I love you for being handsome; you must love me though I am ugly.

--From Don Quixote de la Mancha--

And this was in a comedy!

4 comments:

Pete said...

"I love you for being handsome; you must love me though I am ugly."

That's pretty much the way I operated in high school.

Which explains my low level of success with the ladies.

Trooper York said...

That kind of knight will kill your brother.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

thats a cool avatar Jason.

Trooper York said...

I want to smash a pumpkin.